FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Swann motorbike Insurance offers both Agreed value and Market value options on our Comprehensive insurance cover, giving you flexible options to choose from, at new business and renewal.
Market Value is the pre-accident value of your Motorcycle. We will determine this at the time we assess your claim, having regard to the age and condition of your Motorcycle and the kilometres it has travelled.
Agreed Value is the fixed amount we agree to cover your Motorcycle for in the current period of insurance.
Swann Insurance rewards responsible and safe riders. That’s why we offer a number of discounts on motorbike insurance that may be available to you on your motorcycle insurance coverage policy:
- Rider Training Discount if you have completed an advanced accredited rider training course*
- Security Device Discount if your bike is fitted with an electronic immobiliser or tracking device*
- Multi Motorcycle Discount when you have two or more Motorcycles under one Insurance policy.
- Named Rider Discount when you have two or more Motorcycles under one insurance policy and restrict the rider of the bike to the person named on the policy*
Any applicable discounts may be subject to minimum premiums. Discounts only apply until a minimum premium is reached. When we determine your premium on renewal, we may also limit any increases or decreases in your premium by considering factors such as your previous year’s premium amount.
*Rider Training, Security Device & Named Rider Discounts apply to Comprehensive Cover Only
Yes, we don’t ask you to list additional riders on your motorbike insurance policy. The policy will cover other riders provided you have given them permission and they are legally allowed to ride your Motorcycle. Additional excesses may apply depending on the individual rider, their age, licence type and riding/driving history. Please note cover excludes theft whilst being tested by a prospective purchaser.
Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for more information and additional excesses that may apply to other riders.
Our Comprehensive Motorcycle Insurance coverage automatically includes additional benefits, such as:
- Return of your Motorcycle if your Motorcycle is accidentally damaged more than 100 kilometers from your home
- Faultless No Claim Bonus
- 24 Months New Motorcycle Replacement
- Trailer cover up to $1,000
- Keys and Locks up to $2,000
- Towing and clean-up costs
- Emergency Repairs and Expenses up to $500
- Hire Car reimbursement, $100 per day for up to 15 days if your Motorcycle is stolen
Please note minimum premiums apply. For more information on our included benefits, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) or call one of our friendly team members on 13RIDE (13 74 33).
Yes, you can! And there is no additional charge. Check your Policy Schedule for the set direct debit dates and feel free to contact us on 1300 307 926 if you would like to make any amendments to your motorcycle insurance policy payments.