We’ve got your insurance covered
TAILOR YOUR PROTECTION
Tailor your protection to fit your lifestyle. Whether you’re a weekend rider or a commuter,
Swann provides tailored motorbike insurance quotes that work for you.
Insure Up to 5 Motorcycles
You can insure up to five motorcycles, with different cover types, under the one policy.
A multi-motorcycle discount applies if you insure more than one bike under the one policy.
Adjust your excess to select a premium that suits you.
Rider Training course discount is available if Comprehensive cover is chosen.
ROADSIDE & PERSONAL ASSISTANCE
If you choose our Comprehensive Motorcycle Insurance cover,
you can opt to add 24-hour roadside & personal assistance with
unlimited call outs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Comprehensive insurance will cover your Motorcycle if it is accidentally damaged, stolen or burnt anywhere in Australia. Comprehensive Insurance will also cover you for your liability to pay compensation for loss or damage to someone else’s property as a result of an accident anywhere in Australia.
- Third Party Fire and Theft Insurance will cover your Motorcycle if damaged by fire or stolen. This also covers you for your liability to pay compensation for loss or damage to someone else’s property as a result of an accident anywhere in Australia.
- Third Party Liability Insurance will cover you for your liability to pay compensation for loss or damage to someone else’s property as a result of an accident anywhere in Australia.
- Dirt Bike Cover is for unregistered or registered for recreational use Motorcycles only. This will cover you for fire, theft and 50% of the market value of your Motorcycle for accidental damage.
Swann Insurance offers both Agreed value and Market value options on our Comprehensive cover giving you flexible options to choose from, at new business and renewal.
Market Value is the pre-accident value of your Motorcycle. We will determine this at the time we assess your claim, having regard to the age and condition of your Motorcycle and the kilometres it has travelled.
Agreed Value is the fixed amount we agree to cover your Motorcycle for in the current period of insurance.
We offer a number of discounts that may be available to you:
- Rider Training Discount If you have completed an advanced accredited rider training course
- Security Device Discount If your bike is fitted with an electronic immobiliser or locking device
- Multi Motorcycle Discount when you have two or more Motorcycles under one Insurance policy.
- Named Rider Discount when you have two or Motorcycles under one insurance policy and restrict the rider of the bike to the person named on the policy
Yes, we don’t ask you to list additional riders on your policy. The policy will cover other riders provided you have given them permission and they are legally allowed to ride your Motorcycle. Additional excesses may apply depending on the individual rider, their age and riding/driving history. Please note cover excludes theft whilst being tested by a prospective purchaser.
Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for more information and additional excesses that may apply to other riders.
Our Comprehensive Motorcycle Insurance automatically includes additional benefits, such as:
- Return of your Motorcycle if your claim is more than 100 kilometres from home
- Faultless No Claim Bonus
- 24 Months New Motorcycle Replacement
- Trailer cover up to $1,000
- Keys and Locks up to $2,000
- Towing and clean-up costs
- Emergency Repairs and Expenses up to $500
- Hire Car reimbursement, $100 per day for up to 15 days
Yes, you can! And there is no additional charge. Check your Policy Schedule for the set direct debit dates and feel free to contact us on 1300 307 926 if you would like to make any amendments.
For new business policies, you can choose to cover your motorcycle for Business Use if it’s used by you or your employees in connection with a business. Some types of business use are not eligible for cover. Business use is not covered in NSW, or for Dirt Bike cover in any state.
We also offer cover for your bike if you use it for fast food delivery E.g. Uber Eats; just make sure you apply the business usage option to your policy.
If you are unsure which usage applies to your bike, please call us on 13RIDE (13 74 33)
Under our Comprehensive Insurance policy, you can choose to add additional extras such as:
Helmet Cover – Cover your helmet if it is accidentally damaged as a result of an accident involving your Motorcycle.
No Claim Bonus Rating 1 Protection –. Protect your Rating 1 following one unrecoverable or at fault claim per policy period
Personal Items – If your Motorcycle is accidentally damaged, stolen or burnt, we will also pay up to the limit you have selected if any personal items belonging to you or a member of your family are damaged, stolen or burnt. Items include sunglasses, GoPro and laptop. If you have any queries about personal items, please contact 13RIDE (13 74 33).
Riding Gear and Gear Bags – Protection for clothing and protective safety items which are purposely made for motorcycle riding and worn by you. This includes jackets, pants, riding boots and gloves.
Roadside and Personal Assistance – never be stranded again with 24/7 Australia wide roadside assistance
These benefits incur an additional premium and are not automatically included in your policy.
Yes. We will cover you for your Legal liability to pay compensation for loss or damage to someone else’s property as a result of an accident anywhere in Australia while you were using your motorcycle, up to $20 million, including legal costs & expenses.
For more information on liability cover, including limits and where liability cover does not apply, refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
Yes, we offer Dirt Bike Cover for unregistered or registered for recreational use dirt Motorcycles.
We will guarantee the quality of workmanship and materials on authorised repairs, including any sub-let repairs, for the life of the Motorcycle at no extra cost to you, while the Motorcycle is under your ownership. For example, our workmanship guarantee would apply to respraying a replaced panel.
You can cancel your insurance at any time by mail, email or by calling us. If you do request cancellation, we will retain an amount from the Premium you have paid to cover the time that the insurance had been in force and our cancellation fee of $50 and refund the balance to you. If we receive your cancellation request within 21 days from the insurance start date and you have not made a claim on this insurance, we will refund your Premium in full. You should also be aware if your Motorcycle is subject to a finance agreement, we may need the financier’s permission before we can cancel your insurance.
We do offer Swann Insurance branded Compulsory Third Party, commonly referred to as CTP or Greenslip. Compulsory Third Party covers your liability and the liability of anyone else who rides your motorcycle for injuries caused to others as a result of an accident.
CTP quotes are not available on our website however you can obtain a CTP quote by calling 1800 882 364. If you are an existing customer and currently hold Swann branded CTP and have a claim enquiry, please contact 1800 032 220.
When you have more than one motorbike and would like them to be covered under one policy, a Multi Bike Policy is for you.
HIT THE ROAD
There’s nothing like the freedom of the open road. With Swann bike insurance, our cover
is yet another reason to ride. Come to us for a motorcycle insurance quote.