This promotion has ended.
Promotion: Swann Insurance – Phillip Island Moto GP 1454
Promoter: INSURANCE AUSTRALIA LIMITED, t/a Swann Insurance ABN 11 000 016 722, 181 William Street Melbourne, VIC 3000
- Start date: 03/09/18 at 09:00 am AEST
- End date: 07/10/18 at 11:59 pm AEDT
Eligible Entrants: Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the applicable method outlined below during the Promotional Period:
Entry Method 1: Existing Swann Insurance Motorcycle Insurance Customers Only – Redeemable Code
Entrant must: Follow the direct link sent to the entrant by email; and fully complete and submit the online entry form including the entrant’s personal details (first name, last name, date of birth, email address and phone number) and the unique ‘’redeemable code’’ featured in the email received by the entrant.
Entry Method 2: New Swann Insurance Customers – Complete a Motorcycle Insurance Quote
Entrant must either:
- Obtain a Swann Insurance Motorcycle insurance quote via phone on 13 74 33, indicate they would like to enter this Promotion and provide all requested details over the phone to the sales person for entry into the Promotion, including their first name, last name, email address and phone number; or
- Obtain a Swann Insurance Motorcycle insurance via the Swann Insurance website (swanninsurance.com.au), indicate they would like to enter this Promotion and fully complete and submit the online entry form including the entrant’s personal details (first name, last name, email address and phone number).
Entries Permitted: Limit one (1) eligible entry per person will be accepted. By completing Entry Method 1 or Entry Method 2, the entrant will receive one (1) entry.
Total Prize Pool: Up to AUD $6,874.00
The prize is a trip for two (2) adults (winner and their guest) to Melbourne, VIC to attend the Michelin® Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix 2018 and includes:
- Return economy class flights from the winner’s nearest capital city to Melbourne, Victoria, Australia departing on 26/10/18 and returning on 29/10/18 (only provided if the winner does not reside in Victoria);
- 3 nights’ four-star twin share accommodation from 26/10/18 to 29/10/18;
- 2 Grandstand tickets to Michelin® Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix 2018 at Stoner Pavilion, Phillip Island Race Track (27th October 2018 – 28th October 2018);
- VIP course car lap around the circuit for two people (winner and their guest);
- Pit Wall Canopy experience for two people (winner and their guest);
- Media Centre tour for two people (winner and their guest);
- Tour of the Event Paddock for two people (winner and their guest); and
- Race preview for two people (winner and their guest).
Number of this prize: 1
Value (per prize)
- Up to AUD$6,874.00 depending on date and exact point of departure
- Draw: computerised random selection – 08/10/18 at 02:30 pm AEDT
- No part of the prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable.
- Travel itinerary will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- Travel must be taken between 26/10/18 and 29/10/18 to coincide with the Michelin® Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix 2018 event. If a winner is unavailable or unwilling to travel on the aforementioned date/s required by the Promoter to coincide with this event, they will forfeit their right to the prize and will not be awarded cash or any other alternative in lieu.
- If the winner resides in Victoria, all costs associated with travel to and from the accommodation and Phillip Island Race Track will be the responsibility of the winner and their guest for the prize.
- Frequent flyer points will not be awarded and do not form part of the prize.
- Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs, unless otherwise specified in the prize description herein, are not included.
- The winner and his/her travel companion are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
- The winner may be required to present their credit card at check in.
- Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- The winner and his/her travel companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together.
- The Michelin® Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix 2018 Grandstand tickets are subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restrictions. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner and/or his/her companion for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
- The winner and their guest for the course lap prize (“Racing Experience Prize”) acknowledges that motor racing is a dangerous activity, which may result in injury or death, and participates at his/her own risk. The winner (a) must attend, undergo and pass any appropriate training, briefings, safety demonstrations, required medical tests and other requirements (including blood alcohol testing) of the Promoter and the prize supplier as determined by them in their absolute discretion; (b) must declare to the Promoter or the prize supplier any health-related issues that may affect his/her safe participation in the Racing Experience Prize and obtain a written clearance from their doctor in this respect; (c) must not have any heart condition or history thereof, or other medical conditions that would make it dangerous to participate in the Racing Experience Prize; (d) must not be under the influence of any drugs or alcohol; (e) must comply with all directions of the Promoter, the prize supplier, the nominated driver and race officials; and (f) must wear all safety and other equipment required. The Promoter and the prize supplier in their absolute discretion (a) reserve the right to refuse to allow the winner to take part in any or all aspects of the Racing Experience Prize if they reasonably believe the winner poses a safety risk or for any other reason; (b) may cancel the Racing Experience Prize if the conditions are deemed dangerous. If the Racing Experience Prize is varied for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter it may not be rescheduled and in which case, no compensation will be offered.
Winner Notification:The winner will be notified by phone and then in writing (email) within one (1) day of the draw. The winner will be at http://swanninsurance.com.au by 10/10/18.
Unclaimed Prizes:Prize must be claimed by 17/10/18 at 1:00 pm AEDT. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 17/10/18 at 2:30 pm AEDT at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia. The winner of the redraw will be notified by phone and then in writing (email) within one (1) day of the redraw (17/10/18). The winner will be notified publicly (and their details published) at http://swanninsurance.com.au by 19/10/18.
- The winner and their guest for the prize agree to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the Attendance Conditions to the Event available at motogp.com.au, from the Australian Grand Prix Corporation and displayed at entrances to the Event.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date (“Promotional Period”). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will only be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and the immediate family members) of the Participating Venues, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. “Immediate family member” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The draw will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia at 02:30 pm AEDT on 08/10/18 using computerised random selection.
- The first valid entry drawn will win the prize specified in the Schedule above.
- The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
- If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
- The draw will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia at 02:30 pm AEDT on 08/10/18 using computerised random selection.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable at the designated time for the Event or at the time stipulated by the Promoter for travel, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
- Entrants must keep their proof of purchase specified in Swann – apply for motorcycle insurance quote for each entry as proof of purchase (“Proof of Purchase”). If an entrant fails to produce the Proof of Purchase for a specific entry or each entry, as and when requested by the Promoter, the Promoter has the right to invalidate the entrant’s respective entry/entries for which Proof of Purchase cannot be provided and/or all entries submitted by that entrant and/or forfeit the entrant’s right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify: (a) the store of purchase as an eligible store; (b) the required product/s or service/s to be purchased for entry; and (c) that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period and prior to entry.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
- The prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner’s surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner and their travel companion may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize. If a winner or travel companion is under the age of 18, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner or travel companion will be required to sign the legal release on the winner or travel companion’s behalf.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter’s discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and their guest) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP 18/01640, NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/27449 and SA Permit No. T18/1510.