With tailored policy options that include optional helmet & riding gear cover, multi-motorcycle discounts (up to five motorcycles on a single policy) Swann Insurance provides some of the most comprehensive and flexible motorcycle insurance Sydney and wider NSW has to offer.

If you’re looking for motorbike insurance in NSW, Swann Insurance is the insurer for you. The whole state boasts world-class routes for riding, and whether you’re a serious road-tripper, a daily commuter or both, Swann Motorcycle Insurance has you covered.

Choose our Insurance for your policy and enjoy some of the most flexible motorcycle insurance Sydney and NSW has on the market to protect your pride and joy. Contact us or get a motorcycle insurance quote online today.


New South Wales law requires every NSW licensed driver or rider on Australian roads to have Compulsory Third Party insurance (also known as CTP insurance or ‘green-slip’). So what is a green slip/CTP? CTP insurance covers your liability, and the liability of anyone else who drives your vehicle, for injuries caused to others in a motor vehicle or motorcycle accident. This cover is included in every rider’s registration as a safeguard to injured parties, making sure they always receive necessary compensation regardless of a rider’s financial situation, while simultaneously protecting riders from expensive legal and medical costs that arise from accidents on Australian roads.

In VIC, WA, TAS, and the NT, Compulsory Third Party is automatically included in your registration fees however in New South Wales, SA, ACT and QLD you have the option to choose an Insurer.

For motorcycle insurance in NSW, it’s important to note that Compulsory Third Party Insurance, otherwise known as a Green Slip, does not cover any damage to your vehicle following an accident. Depending on the level of protection you’re seeking, there are options to suit your needs – here is a quick guide of coverage options for motorbike insurance in NSW through Swann Insurance.

A motorcyclist taking off their white helmet while standing beside their motorcycle during sunset.

Comprehensive motorcycle insurance in NSW covers your motorcycle if it is accidentally damaged, stolen or burnt anywhere in Australia. Our Comprehensive insurance also covers you for your liability to pay compensation for loss or damage to someone else’s property as a result of an accident anywhere in Australia.

Third Party Liability motorcycle insurance in NSW covers you for your liability to pay compensation for loss or damage to someone else’s property as a result of an accident anywhere in Australia.

If you are still unsure about motorbike insurance in NSW,  our cover options, or motorcycle insurance across other states and territories (VIC, ACT, QLD, SA, WA, TAS and the NT), please contact us on 13 RIDE (137433) and chat with one of our friendly team members. Ready to purchase Motorcycle Insurance in NSW? Get a quick quote online now.


How much does a green slip cost in NSW?

The cost of a green slip is determined according to certain factors, such as where you live, the type and age of your motorcycle, the age and driving history of the rider, and your claims history. The green slip is similar to compulsory third party insurance (CTP) in Victoria. But unlike in Victoria, the green slip does not fully cover the rider for injuries sustained if the rider is deemed at fault in the accident.

[As at 24/09/2020]

What does a green slip cover in NSW?

In NSW, a green slip is an insurance policy which covers you for injuries caused to another person in a motor vehicle or motorcycle accident, whether they are another driver/rider, passenger, pedestrian, or cyclist. Be aware that a green slip will not cover you for injuries you sustain if you are deemed at fault. It also does not cover damage to property, such as another vehicle, or to a building etc.

If you’re looking for more protection on the road than a green slip, check out Swann Insurance’s motorcycle policies and flexible cover, and then get a quick quote.

[As at 24/09/2020]

How long does a green slip last in NSW?

Green slips can be purchased for a period of 6 or 12 months depending on the type of vehicle you are insuring.

[As at 24/09/2020]

How do I get a green slip in NSW?

Green slips are available from many insurance providers throughout NSW. While Swann Insurance no longer offer green slips, they can be purchased through our sister brand NRMA.

[As at 24/09/2020]|CB?#k$b_$1eg:z/Q.jP|;L|4a0Hc*pLw_CR@`,sM[.eJjz/yb;*g