With tailored policy options that include optional helmet & riding gear cover, multi-motorcycle discounts (up to five motorcycles on a single policy), Swann Insurance offers some of the most comprehensive and flexible motorbike insurance Darwin & Northern Territory has on the market.

So if you’re looking for some of the best-fitting motorcycle insurance Northern Territory has available to riders across the state, get a quote from Swann Insurance today

Choose a Swann Insurance policy to make sure you’re fully covered, whether you’re a serious road-tripper, a daily commuter or both. Get in touch for an online motorcycle insurance quote today and start your adventure across the state.


The law in Northern Territory requires every driver or rider on Australian roads must have Compulsory Third Party insurance (also known as CTP insurance or ‘green-slip’). CTP covers your liability and the liability of anyone else who drives your vehicle, for injuries caused to others in a motor vehicle or Motorcycle accident. This cover is included in every rider’s registration as a safeguard to injured parties, making sure they always receive the necessary compensation regardless of the rider’s financial situation, while simultaneously protecting riders from expensive legal and medical costs that arise from accidents on the Australian roads. In the Northern Territory, VIC, WA, and TAS, Compulsory Third Party is automatically included in your registration fees however in SA, NSW, ACT and QLD you have the option to choose an Insurer.

For riders in the Northern Territory, it’s important to note that Compulsory Third Party or Green-Slip does not cover any damage to your vehicle following an accident. To cover against damage to your Motorcycle you would need to purchase a Motorcycle insurance policy. Depending of the level of protection you are seeking, there are options to suit your needs – here is a quick guide of coverage options through Swann Insurance.

The silhouette of a woman standing next to a motorcycle against the sunset

Comprehensive Motorcycle Insurance is a Motorcycle insurance policy that covers your Motorcycle if it is accidentally damaged, stolen or burnt anywhere in Northern Territory or Australia. Comprehensive insurance will also cover you for your liability to pay compensation for loss or damage to someone else’s property as a result of an accident anywhere in Australia.

Third Party Liability insurance covers you for your liability to pay compensation for loss or damage to someone else’s property as a result of an accident anywhere in Australia.

If you are still unsure about Swann Insurance Northern Territory cover options – or across the other states and territories (VIC, ACT, QLD, SA, WA, TAS, or NSW)- please contact us on 13 RIDE (137433) and chat with one of our friendly team members.|CB?#k$b_$1eg:z/Q.jP|;L|4a0Hc*pLw_CR@`,sM[.eJjz/yb;*g